1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 breasts
1⁄2 bunch green kale
1⁄4 cup water
2 - 3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp raw sunflower or pepita seeds
1 pkg (350 g) Olivieri® Skillet Gnocchi®
Toppings (optional): halved cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan
- Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; stir-fry until cooked through, 6–8 min. Remove from pan and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, de-stem kale and tear leaves. You should have about 4 cups (packed). In a food processor or high-speed blender, add kale, water, lemon juice, 3 tbsp oil, seeds, and dip mix. Blend until well combined, scraping down the sides, as necessary. It will be thick—thin out with more water or oil, if desired.
- Over medium heat, heat remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add gnocchi; cook, stirring frequently until golden brown, 4–5 min.
- Add cooked chicken and pesto to pan; stir until combined. Add toppings and stir to mix. Serve immediately.
Look for skillet gnocchi in the refrigerated pasta section of your grocery store. While traditional gnocchi is boiled, this product only requires a quick pan-fry. The end result is a crispy golden exterior with a soft and fluffy interior.